Pencil Shavings

Friday, January 30, 2004

I am feeling a need to gripe, but I don't want to let it out on my friends or colleagues. My friends have enough to deal with on their own, and my woes sound so miniscule beside theirs.

I have blown my food budget this month. What shall I do? I have all these things that are priorities in my life - like my colleague's last day of work today, and A's birthday, and wanting to buy stuff for friends, and shoes and sandals falling apart - but not enough money to support these priorities. And worse, there doesn't look like there is going to be an increment. I am deathly afraid that if I just blink my eyes, 12 years would have passed me by and I will still be at this job, at the same miserable pay. J commented once that what they don't give me in money, they give me in office space. ha ha. how true.

Do I gripe about money a lot? Have i become shallow and materialistic? I'm not sure, frankly.

I've got to go - the team is coming next week and I have work out of the wazoo. Have to prepare keynote address, talk on M, arrange transport and logistics, call people, and this is not even taking in to account the Y project that is sitting on my shelf uncompleted, collecting dust. That ought to have been out beginning of this year but there is simply no time and i can't get the P's cooperation.

But enough for now. If you have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf with one and a lily with the other, cos you're just screwed.

No comments: