Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I looked up this morning, saw a helen-shaped person walk by the pantry and said hello. It's interesting how the mind works in associating shapes, sounds and smells with names, places and events.

The bus today was quiet and conducive to mulling over the week's events. Thought about a hundred things that I will probably never think about again, like whether B Tambunan understood me when I spoke to him in Chinese, or the possibility of having an office badminton event and if B will get a special rate for the court, and how P Teo is older than most of the bishops , and how the idea of Bps on treadmills during their meeting seems silly on hindsight. Pondered about whether it is really necessary to make a mistake to learn, about how I almost missed the handrail on the bus cos they put in these new funky shaped yellow handrails when I've grown accustomed to the normal straight ones. True, I didn't miss it on the way down, but can that be considered "learning"? Or is it only "adapting"? Thought about S and her comment about the train taking faster in the morning than the evenings. I've always known that about my trip to and from work, but I've always blamed it on traffic and the empty bus lanes in the morning.

And so I mulled my way to work.

Had Chee Cheong Fan for breakfast today while typing this entry, and a cup of milky coffee. I'm getting to like this coffee in the morning business. :) Last night, when I saw a pack of instant coffee in my kitchen, I actually felt happy and an urge to open a pack to drink. Perhaps this is what addiction is like. I bet you can addicted to people too.

No comments: