Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Disarray

My personal life is in a bit of a disarray. I'm not really functioning very well... I can't keep track of what I am supposed to read, what I need to bring to class, and when assignments are due. My iCal calendar is out-of-sync with my life. I almost didn't go to class yesterday because I had accidentally deleted the class from iCal the week before.

Fortunately, I have friends who would say things like, "Where is English class today?" (Me: "What English class?" Friend: "English class! Today! At 3:30pm!" Me: "Oh.") And stuff like "Have you done Mr Ren?" (Me: "Who is Mr Ren??") And lecturers who say, "You have to hand in your reflections personally to your tutor at the end of the lecture." Which leaves me scrambling to complete it during the lecture itself. Thank God for laptops and multi-tasking.

I also had a friend look into my eyes and say, "You've been crying." Which I denied vehemently.

These days, I function only at the extreme ends of the spectrum of emotion. It is only during quiet moments like these, when I am sitting outdoors, feeling the breeze, that I remember who I am.

Feel the breeze
I wish
you could feel this breeze I feel,
the texture of the pebbled stone
against the soles of your feet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish
for your heart and mind to be aligned and
to feel the lightness of head and heart.
- Y

colinrt said...

oh dear...

i guess you'll have to find something deep inside that can and will haul you out of the funk-state you're in...

altho feeling extremes may be better than not feeling anything at all, no?

lucy said...

Lydia, take care! Don't over-stretch yrself, for what's the value of an extra qualification only to suffer the loss of your mind?