Pencil Shavings

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Better than a holiday

This is what I'm having for breakfast.



And this is where I'm having it.





I'm housesitting for a good friend while they are in Phuket. Their home is gorgeous, with beautiful nooks perfect for a breakfast for one. It is raining right now as I'm typing on my Mac. I can see and smell the rain, and feel the coolness of the air, but I am dry. My Mac is dry, the bottom of my pants are dry, and I have grapes to eat. This is better than a holiday.

Yesterday after breakfast, I blogged, got some work done, took a shower, put on a face mask, got a massage in the massage chair, played tennis, boxing and baseball on the Wii, and cooked myself a pack of instant noodles. At night, I walked out for chicken rice, went to catch a movie, then came back to a bed with a duvet. And today I'll do the same, give or take a few.

For my friends who have been so sweet to care how I am, thank you, I am getting better. There are still tears every day, more painful and despairing than I've ever felt before, but hope whispers to me in the middle of the day. Never in the morning nor at night, but unexpectedly in the late mornings and early afternoons. I only wish hope whispers to my friends too...

2 comments:

beth said...

I'm so glad you're starting to feel better - though I suspect the surroundings can only help, how gorgeous that looks! Still praying for hope to find you in the morning and evenings as well as the middle of the day.

Jim Jannotti said...

Gosh, m_n. I shall keep praying.