Pencil Shavings

Friday, April 30, 2004

One hour to lunch and I've done no work

I have been an absolute bum about work recently. Yesterday I whittled my time away surfing the web and twiddling my thumbs, today I spent the morning talking to my colleagues about the MSM concert last night, writing hm a long email, drinking milky coffee and eating beehoon, updating my blog, and watching my fish swim. What buminess! Especially since I woke up this morning and resolved to finish the youth report that I've been putting off! Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men (and I'm definitely a mouse with mouse-sized plans) gang 'oft awry.

The concert hall at the Espanade was awesome. We sat at the Circle 3 seats at the highest and furthest point of the Hall. Walking down the side steps at this height gave me thoughts of my body hurtling down to the seats below in a dramatic death. But it didn't happen. obviously, and the music played on. I had a genuinely good time. I think it was a welcome relief from the bothersome, introspective, self-bashing thoughts that weighed me down the last three days, and I was happy to be simply one person in a concert hall listening to music. They say Happiness was one of the chief goals of the Methodists, along with Love. But of course their version of happiness is like "holy happiness" or something like that.

I have a new article on Talkingcock. I've written quite a few since the first one. The Rich man one has been the most popular.

Alright. Back to work, erm, really.

No comments: