Pencil Shavings

Monday, May 31, 2004

Monday Morning

I'm silly this morning. S sent me to work this morning and I kept pointing out to her my shoes, white socks ("They're normal today"), and other parts of my attire. I think it had to do with the gulp of coke I had in the morning, and left over pizza in the bag.

I had a good weekend. Spent Sat with A jogging (5km in 30min21sec) and swimming. Went for dinner at this Noodle house place which had a large check for $5000 made out to Chen Su Lan Methodist Home prominently displayed. Oh, they had free flow coke too. Excellent :) I was completely noodled out by the end of that day though, since we had fried sliced fish noodle soup for lunch. That was really good - at beach road - a rich creamy soup with tasty succulent pieces of fish, wads of seaweed, and slippery cu1 me2 fen3 (fat been hoon). Ooh. I wasn't even hungry at that point.

Then went to meet S, J and L at Crystal Jade. Boy did I get an earful for being late. Whoops. I wouldn't have done it any other way though, since that was the first time I was seeing A in a week (I know, it sounds pathethic, but I am pathethic). I suppose I wanted the best of both worlds.

Sunday I went to church and then back home again to read the papers and clean the room. I thought briefly about how it is a nice day to not exist, but didn't pursue that thought any further. Had pizza for dinner - Ha! That is a funny story all in itself. We ordered one Classic Greek and one BBQ Chicken from Canadian Pizza but they sent a Mexican Fiesta instead of the Greek. S was like, "Their olives are green." And I was like, "Those aren't olives. I think they ran out of olives and replaced them with green peppers or jalapenos or something." S, "Ooh. What a spicy red chilli." Me, "Chilli? Hmm. Are there supposed to be chillis on this thing?" S, "Hmm.."

The bottom line is, we swapped one piece of the Mexican Pizza for an entire hot Greek pizza, and got a free bottle of coke in the process. :)

No comments: