Pencil Shavings

Friday, October 08, 2004

placid bully

I woke up late today. Friend msged and woke me up at 8:17am. Luckily my boss isn't coming in to office today, and I stayed at work till 8:15pm yesterday, so I kinda have an excuse.

My friend complained yesterday that I keep telling her what to do. I think that is a bad habit I picked up along the way, but never noticed it till yesterday. The other day at Cold Storage, I told my colleague not to buy 2 regular packs of M&Ms since she decided against the party sized pack (she didn't want to gain weight). I told her that it didn't make sense to get 2 regular packs, cos if you wanted 2 regular packs, you might as well get the large party sized pack, which was cheaper. Bossy eh?

It is terrible how I can be both bossy and placid at the same time. Most times when I go out with my friends, I don't have an opinion about where to go, what to eat, what to do, what movie to watch, etc. But when it comes to little decisions, the bossy twit in me comes out. Sigh.

My resolution:
To display more initiative in my work, relationships, and goals.
To be less bossy about stupid things.

4 comments:

colinrt said...

hi there... how's your slide assignment coming along? much progress?

re: late for work... it's a nightmare when i am so dead tired that i turn off the alarm clock without realising it and when i next regain consciousness - it's 30 minutes or an hour later!! which is why i set the clock back about an hour earlier - just in case... what time do you have to get into work, anyway?

mis_nomer said...

hi there

slides coming along. last count i think 238 or something, with another like 9 shorter presentations to put together. but that's tomorrow's problem. :)

i have to get to work at 8:30am, but anytime before 9am is acceptable (I think, least no one has confronted me about being late yet). What time do you start work?

colinrt said...

wow... a lot of slides indeed... offer still open...

me, i get into work between 7.50am and 8.15am - depending on which mrt i get on... some colleagues get in even earlier because they have to track the start of trading in Japan and Oz...

mis_nomer said...

ooh. early.

slide total is now 262, with 8 smaller presentations (altogether 172 slides), waiting for content for 3 more smaller presentations. Worse, everything has to be converted to word doc and printed in a book. :)

i'm so glad it is tuesday.