Pencil Shavings

Sunday, May 18, 2003

I think after a extended period of being bombarded with tragedies both big and small, the human being learns to shut things out, and concentrate on only that which is most essential to survival. Like the bombing in Saudi Arabia and Casablanca, what is that to us, except what we've already known already, that the world is a mess? Fundamentalists point to human sin and God's wrath; atheists point and say there is no god; and i can't think beyond the issue of where i should go to church this sunday.

I have church problems. Right now, I go to CE half the time and to W the other half. While W worked for a while - it was a timely break - i don't have the initiative anymore in me to keep going and sit alone in a church as i would sit in the movies. I have ideals of community, yet in reality i espouse isolationism in church. What will I do? I thought about going back to PL, but it is difficult to say the least, when all my friends have left. So glad that i have another 7 days to sunday again. another 7 days to hide.

i wonder how long adam and eve hid in the bushes before God found them out.