Pencil Shavings

Monday, May 19, 2003

Watching the Sunset

One of my favourite songs of all time is "When God Ran" by Shaded Red. It is the story of the prodigal son -- how he squandered his father's money on his own pleasure, and how when he came down that dusty road in repentence, it was the first time God ran. It is a beautiful song to listen to, especially in a quiet office with a vibrant orange setting sun.

I don't feel like going home today. My friends said in jest today that you "never can tell" with me, and that I have many things that I don't tell anyone. I almost want to reply, "Yes it's true! I have layers and layers to get through." Shrek says he is an onion, not a cake or a parfait.

There is only pink left hanging in the sky. When the son returned to heaven, he said that he would not leave us orphans, but that he would leave us a comforter, the Holy Spirit. Dear Holy Spirit, where are you? Are you the wisps of pink left in the sky, about to disppear from my life?

Standing on the edge of quiet sadness.