Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

so much work

Got into work early today with the thought of getting a headstart on two urgent research requests from my boss late yesterday afternoon, but what happens instead? I get bogged down by requests to tweak and print four photos, reply to an order for books from Sri Lanka, weigh and calculate the postage required, find a dated email to this obscure bookseller overseas, and send information along with a personal letter in response to a request over the phone. Argh. Yesterday I was struggling with finishing this other research topic, when I had to stop to seal and send and frank hundreds of invitation cards, scan a dozen photos, do a quick powerpoint for someone else's publicity drive, not counting the writing of receipts and the updating of excel files and collating of registration forms.

I ought to have eight arms.

No comments: