Pencil Shavings

Friday, February 04, 2005

Flippant

I finished posting a comment on somebody else's blog and instinctly reached over for my coffee mug. Typically, there wasn't a drop of coffee left in the mug. Untypically, there was a finger-tip sized blob of dark brown nastiness clinging to the bottom edge of the mug. It gave me a fright. What was it? A cockroach? Old solidified coffee? Something still alive? A shrivelled decomposed lizard?

And then it slowly dawned on me - it was a raisin! It fell from my bread while I was buttering my toast on top of my mug. What sweet relief! Now I am considering eating the dark brown blob of nastiness. :)

I write flippantly here. The comment I just posted on Singabloodypore's blog was about the death penalty. I've been thinking about it recently, and may post my thoughts here at some point.

No comments: