Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My lap is waiting

I have to admit it. I'm the kind of gal where things just fall in her lap. I've never had to sweat or plan too much to get what I want. I make decisions in light of circumstances, rather than in spite of circumstances. I am usually content with whatever comes along, cos I like to believe that God has a hand in my life.

So what do I do when things stop falling in my lap? Do I assume that I just need to be content with where I am, or fight for something I am still not sure that I want? Does anyone have a road map, or do I have to grope in the dark?

Dear God, I am putting up new road signs to my lap just in case you accidentally threw my lap into the lake of forgetfulness along with my multitude of sins. I don't want you to go fishing around in the lake of forgetfulness for my lap in case you remember all my horrible sins and decide that you might as well throw my soul in as well, so I'm giving you an alternate route to my lap. I am really sorry about even mentioning my lap in this prayer, as if you are a great Santa Claus, but I can't help it, I'm desperate. That is why I pray, in answer to this guy's question. I guess you have to throw this prayer in the lake of forgetfulness as well, now that I've mentioned Santa Claus, but please remember me, for I am only a speck of talking, pleading dust. I do love you, under all my pretentiousness, pride and ego. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

mrsd said...

Faith is waiting. Many times, God lets us walk into the firey furnace, get thrown into the lions den, have empty laps. Would we know that we truly believed if the fires were never started, the lions fed, our laps always full?