Pencil Shavings

Sunday, February 20, 2005

it is the witching hour

I've been missing, I'm sorry. Sometimes I'm afraid that someone I know will chance upon his blog, and will have free access to my writing. I like to keep my "virtual" and real-life friends apart. This way, perhaps, I will have more freedom to write. But my fear of being found out keeps me from writing about my life anyway. But how long can you write about current affairs, points of doctrine, silly blank verses, etc.? Sooner or later, the things in my life will press into these words, and make its presence felt.

And life is pressing in. Today, when I walked into my flat, I started crying. Now I don't know why I'm telling you that, when I can't tell you why, but perhaps you can sympathise with the symptoms without knowing the story. Perhaps you will sympathise better this way.

I write differently at night than at the office. The words come from deeper inside, and mean more than the lines I throw out in the morning. The keyboard is my friend late at night. And I find myself in the words. Perhaps only to lose myself again, but at least for half an hour tonight, I am here.

Did you ever imagine that life would turn out this way? I think I will always be surprised.

No comments: