Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Reeling

Every morning when I wake up, I find myself reeling from the dreams of the night. Getting out of bed requires pulling myself out from the quicksand of a crazy extreme world, where black is darkest black, red bleeds blood, and desire is worn on the sleeve with no shame. My dreams are mad with symbols: bright red handphone, iron grilles, two pixies cut through with a single arrow, sea cucumbers on the wall, a bicycle for two, a mirror on the wall.

Where do they come from, this pointed attack at reality? Who am I? The one who dreams, or the one who wakes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freud, I'm sure, wld hav much to say about your dreams. But being a disbeliever of psychoanalysis, i suggest that you don't worry too much about what you dream. The only reality that matters is that you're happy and well when you are wake. ;)
L

Canopy said...

Most of my friends get weird dreams too. I guess it's a sign of an interesting life.