Pencil Shavings

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Toys

I haven't done this in a while, but today, I finally capitulated to my need to buy everything in Sim Lim. Between 8:15pm and 8:30pm, I bought:

1. A4 Tech Extra-slim keyboard, S$12
2. A4 Tech optical mouse (white), S$12
3. A4 Tech optical mouse (black), S$12
4. USB card reader, S$10
5. Headphones with microphone, S$9
6. Headphones with microphone, S$9
7. A4 Tech ViewCam, S$35

All together, S$99. Not bad, for the value added to my life. Now I can type and mouse at work without swearing, surf with my mouse from home without the batteries falling out, load up my pictures with my SD card reader from home, store and move my files between computers (I'm thumbdrive-less at the mo 'cos I've given mine to Smole), talk and listen to my friends and family overseas, and transmit a live video of me doing the fancy pants all across to the US, if I want to. What a life.

I am installing the driver for the Video Cam even as I speak. Will post a photo once I get it all up. Yeeha!

That's me grinning after I took my first shot with the Video Cam. Sweet!

5 comments:

colinrt said...

mis_nomer, u sure u're who u say u are?!?!?

u sound too much like a regular guy than the girlie gurl in that picture...

what's up with all that no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point shopping spree and the inexplicable delight with the new gadgets?!?!...

always thought that women agonised hours before they bought anything, or quibbled over a 10-cent difference in price and most of all, shared a vehement disdain for all things techie...

rex harrison (my fair lady) would have loved you to bits... his eternal lament: why can't women be more like men...

Jim Jannotti said...

I've grown accustomed to (the lower half of) her face...

mis_nomer said...

Train of Thot: heh. Gadgets do it to me. :) Though I have to say my list is very low-end, so not much agonising involved.

Jim: So you'll be able to pick my chin out from a line-up? :)

I love my toys!

Jim Jannotti said...

Actually, I was simply continuing the "My Fair Lady" theme. How 'bout it, Train?

mis_nomer said...

Thanks for the compliment thc! :)

About the `Fair Lady' theme, hmm...