Pencil Shavings

Friday, September 14, 2007

Right here right now


I'm sitting outdoors on a wooden bench just about at the edge of civilization. The live firing zone is less than 200 metres from me. On a quiet afternoon, I can sometimes hear the prattle of gunfire, and it always makes me thank God that we are not at war. And that I don't have to do NS.

It is very nice being right here right now. I have a large cup of kopi in a disposable cup. Every once in a while, an ant crawls across my Macbook and up my arm, and I will bring a few ants with me into class later.

I can hear the sounds of machines far away, pounding and drilling at something, who knows.

Was supposed to be doing an online tutorial on visual design techniques, but I'm glad I didn't.

I love this space.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of Kopi before, so I looked it up. Is it the same thing Wikipedia talks about as Kopi Luwak?

Or is it the more inocuous "...Indonesian word for coffee."

If it's the post-Palm Civet version, I am intrigued, to say the least.

mis_nomer said...

Gosh Brian, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but all I meant by kopi is coffee with milk.... None of that fancy "coffee berries which have been eaten by and passed through the digestive tract of the Asian Palm Civet"! Eeeuw..

Anonymous said...

Let me assure you it's more of a relief than a disappointment.

:-)

mis_nomer said...

hahaha! :) I dare you to drink it. :) I can't believe it costs $50 for a cup!