Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Squashed hips

Played squash by myself yesterday. The racquets they loan out at my school are better than the ones I own! I think that's amusing; and awesome for me, 'cos that means I don't have to lug my Cash Converter racquet all the way to to the boondog parts of the island.

After pitting myself against the unforgiving wall and working myself up to a dripping, hot and happy state, I went to do some hip exercises for my sore ITB at the gym. I used the lever machine you see on the left. I'm planning to work on my hips every other day. I suppose this is just about my last resort when it comes to my ITB. The thought of never being able to run a LSD makes me sad.


You could do the exercise with a cable machine as well but I've never tried it. I used to do my hip abductor exercises with a ball in between my legs. But I think it may be less effective than going to the gym and working on it consistently with weights. I'm not sure. I'm hoping for the best in any case.



Below is a pic of a seated hip abductor exercise. This webpage gives good information on everything you can do with your hips. Erm, just about everything unexciting anyway. ;) All the animated gifs in this post were taken from http://www.exrx.net/.

Tomorrow, I shall swim! The revenge of the slow marlin!

No comments: