Pencil Shavings

Friday, November 30, 2007

All over the place thoughts

I stayed up late last night rummaging through my blog archives. I read through my "mind-numbingly bored in office" posts (TOT, do you remember those?), the "low productivity day in office" posts, the running posts (sigh), the swimming posts, the geeky posts, the sentimental posts, and everything in between. This is my life, caught in words...

---------------

I got a vacation job for December. I'm very pleased about it because I think doing research on Web 2.0 technologies is exciting stuff. Also, I'll be earning a bit of extra cash on the side. My budget has really gone out of the window these few months, and it feels good to be able to recoup what I can. The end-of-the-year bonus dazzles me too, but I mustn't make plans to spend it, 'cos I have to remember that the bonus is slated to pay for insurance. Pootooey.

---------------

My dad is possibly down with shingles, that is, a second occurrence of chicken pox. The poor man is in so much pain. It feels like red ants biting him all over. The scary thing is that the spots are all over his body, unlike the usual case of just being on one half. This means that his immune system is compromised, and that the virus may attack other parts of his body, such as his brain. So I'm keeping an eye on him. The minute he looks a bit groggier than usual, it's off to Emergency we go. But he is still his usual self, telling me long rambling stories over breakfast. :)

Did you know that my dad used to live on Tanglin Road opposite the Istana? His family rented a house from a Jewish family. Now, it is impossible to live there, unless you are a millionaire. He said that he watched the changing of the guard at the Istana every evening. Brings new meaning to a president among the people... Is Singapore changing faster than other cities, or is this rate of change common?

---------------

I've got to shower and head to school now. So long!

No comments: