Pencil Shavings

Monday, November 12, 2007

The idea of a coffee


It's cool today. I have a red cup of kopi on the table.  I have a strange relationship with coffee.  Before I get one, I want one because I think I want to drink it; then I get one and it calms me and I'm happy about it, yet I let the coffee sit there and get cold.  I think I'm just happy to have a cup of coffee accompanying me as I write.  I think it is the idea of a coffee that I crave, not the caffeine.

What is your idea of a coffee?

5 comments:

Gwynne said...

I agree there is something very soothing about having a cup of coffee while I work, even if it's just the steamy aroma. My coffee usually goes cold by the second or third cup. ;-)

beth said...

There are definitely times where the idea of coffee is much more necessary than the actual thing...I've been known to drink one and then let another sit until not only cold, but that thin film of whatever it is forms around the edge. :)

That Janie Girl said...

I don't like to drink coffee, but I love, love, love the smell of it!

smudgi3 said...

I do that with my tea, so I think it's more like the idea of having a cup of something on the table when we work.

Alvin said...

Coffee is my cup of tea.