Pencil Shavings

Friday, November 16, 2007

iDream

Last night I dreamt of a huge swimming pool. It was enclosed in a
cavernous hall, so large that I couldn't see the end of it; so deep
that I couldn't see the floor. The swimming pool belonged to my
College roommate Jill. She told me that the pool had been disused
for the longest time, and they had to spend a lot of time and effort
in cleaning it up and getting it ready. I asked her how deep it was,
but she looked at me and shrugged.

Then, because the water looked cool and clear and there were people
frolicking in the water, I asked her if I could swim in it, but she
said that I couldn't, because I was of the wrong race, and that
having me in the pool would "dirty" it for others. So I walked about
the pool instead and joined a group of boys training by running among
the flowers.

Then I stopped because I was tired.

No comments: