Pencil Shavings

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

And so concludes the most popular novel of the decade.

J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series is akin to Charles Dicken's serialised novels in the 19th century. Very popular. Hugely successful. And a damn good story.

It was the most I had ever forked out for a fictional book, but how could I not be a part of this 21st century wave?

A poll: how many of us have read it? (I know Jim wins the record for handling the most number of books..)

6 comments:

smudgi3 said...

*puts hand up Hermione style* Mine arrived in the post. *winks at Jim

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me, but I believe there are people who handled way more books than I did. It's just that the barcodes on those probably scanned with no problem, or something.

So, is there a review forthcoming?

Sivasothi said...

Me! Me! Ladybug went down to buy the same day and I got my hands on it after her. Now its with a third reader...

mis_nomer said...

smudgi3.. heh. and i bet you read it by the first weekend too. :)

jim, you know, i never realised that mail carriers had to scan the parcels. Shows how ignorant I am. Don't think I'll do a review... hard to do one without giving away the plot..

Sivasothi.. I'm the second reader too! And we'll be passing it to someone else soon. :) (Instead of a serial novel, we are serial readers. Heh.)

Anonymous said...

I read it, too.

I agree - it's a great story. I liked it a lot even before book seven, but I like it so much more after.

We're starting the series with our 7-year-old son, now.

mis_nomer said...

Brian, I agree, book 7 is quite good. I almost lost faith somewhere in the middle of the series 'cos Harry was acting like such a brat and the tone got somewhat darker, but it panned out quite nicely. My favourites (if I remember correctly) is the beginning and the end of the series.