Pencil Shavings

Thursday, August 16, 2007

A student

I love being a student. I love meeting people who are young at heart, who still have that glint in their eyes. I love listening to my new friends tell me about their religion; I love telling them who Jesus Christ is to me. It is like being given a rare chance to talk about a beloved friend who lives very very very far away, so far away that I don't talk about him for months and months on end, but when I finally get to say his name aloud in everyday conversation, I remember that he is real, and that he is someone I know and love — a friend.

And I love learning. I love being bombarded by information that I have to assimilate into my mental schema. I love using new words like "schema". And I love it that my schema is changing because of the new information bombarding me. I am getting smarter every day. Okay, maybe not. ;)

And the hours! And the casual clothes! And the cheap coffee! And the salary! And the books!

Seriously, everybody should take time out to be a student every once in a while...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait! i'm so confused! are you a student? or a teacher? or somehow both?!

(i love being a student and for the short while that i taught kindergarten and junior high english i loved it.)

brenda (in arizona)

Anonymous said...

Right now, a student. :) For about a year or so. :)

Anonymous said...

eh..not everyone gets a salary while being a student!

That Janie Girl said...

You go, girl!!

mrdes said...

At one point in my life as a part-time student, I thought: how fortunate it is to be a full-time students:) and u get paid too?

Mag said...

I love being a student too!