Pencil Shavings

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sheares Bridge Run 2007

Actually, it really wasn't that bad at all. In fact, the 12km was quite enjoyable — no ITB pain, no fatigue, no problems breathing, no chafing, no blisters, no muscle ache... haha! What a ride. :)

I felt nauseous the first 3km because the piece of french loaf I had for breakfast 20 minutes before the run felt like it was expanding in my oesphagus and coming back out, but once I got over the nausea, I was okay.

I should known that it would do that, but what to do, I wasn't well-prepared and NTUC doesn't sell Jacob's breakfast biscuits any longer. Poooey. I really like my Jacob's breakfast biscuits, the chocolate ones especially. They are awesome for a pre-run breakfast 'cos it's fuss-free and you gives a lot of energy without being voluminous (the way bread is).

Anyway, it was fun. I'm developing a higher tolerance to being squished in a big crowd of smelly people. As usual, since this run is organized by the Army, the guys outnumbered the ladies possibly 10 to 1. They made announcements like these: "Brothers, please slow down. We are letting the vehicles pass through." What, brothers?? I looked at him; he looked at me, but he repeated the announcement word-for-word. I suppose this is my one chance to experience the camaraderie of the Army. (Thank God.)

SPOT THE WOMEN CONTEST

Running up Sheares Bridge

Sheares Bridge Run 2007

DSC00462.JPG

The best part of this run is running on the Sheares Bridge. It makes you feel so important, like a car. The uphill wasn't that bad at all, but we were running slowly.

We went to MacDonald's at Marina Square for some breakfast after the run. It was packed with smelly people, myself included. I felt quite sorry for the normal people trying to have a quiet Sunday morning breakfast. Went home, had a nap, then had some chilli I made yesterday. Yum!

Now I'm walking around with a post-run glow. Heh.

(This post is about running, even though it sounds like it is about food and women, it is about running.)

2 comments:

mingz said...

no woman? ._.

mis_nomer said...

Got women! Must look more carefully.. :)

(btw, thanks for dropping by Mingz!)