Pencil Shavings

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Father's Day

It is Father’s Day tomorrow. I would like to take dad and mum out for a meal at Jack’s Place ‘cos dad likes his steak and he rarely gets to eat any ‘cos mum doesn’t eat beef. We usually end up eating a lot of fish and vegetables (mum’s favourite) since dad is so easy-going and doesn’t really mind what he eats.

So we are going to Jack’s Place, but not tomorrow. Tomorrow they are serving some Father’s Day Steak for $26.90. If I go for lunch on a weekday, I can get the Steak Lunch Special for $9.40, which means I can feed my family of three for ten cents less than the price of a single steak tomorrow (mum will get the $8 grilled fish with assam sauce). Whoohoo. Now I just need to get some time off work.

Random Father’s Day question: How do you address your father?

3 comments:

colinrt said...

When I was knee-high to a butterfly, it was Daddy...
It became Dad (and remained so till this day) when I was a teenager..

Re: 45 questions, that's mighty gracious of you, thanks for being so obliging...

mis_nomer said...

I say "Papa" and I still do, when caught unawares. My sister and I use a combination of "Pa", "Poops", "Dadadoo", etc. Mum and Dad together is "Moops". I do admit it is a bit strange. :)

mis_nomer said...

just realised there are only 35 questions!