Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Questions

from canopy

1) My uncle once: ate only red cabbage and vegetables, even though my grandmother always left the chicken drumstick for him.

2)Never in my life: have I been slapped.

3) When I was five: I asked my parents everyday when I would graduate from kindergarten.

4) High school was: Pivotal

5) Fire is: mesmerising

6) I once saw: daffodils blooming in spring

7) There’s this woman I know who: who owns horses and taught me to ride one winter afternoon

8) Once, at a bar: I felt awkward, or should that be "Always, at a bar:"?

9) By noon I’m usually: just starting my real work

10) Last night: was sweet

11) If I only had: decided differently

12) Next time I go to church: Sunday

13) The best thing about my last relationship was: It was stable.

14) What worries me most: the future

15) When I turn my head left: portraits of 17 men; 13 dead, 4 alive.

16) When I turn my head right: rain-splattered window

17) You know I'm lying when: I look at the floor.

18) What I miss most about the eighties: Chicken wing in a plastic bag in my pocket.

19) If I were a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be: Hamlet.

20) By this time next year: new job? no more blogging?

21) I have a hard time understanding: inconsiderate people

22) You know I like you if: I would rather be with you than be by myself.

23) If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: spongebob squarepants, because he told Patrick that he could win an award too.

24) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: are all dead?

25) Take my advice, never: Remove a mole by tying a string around it.

26) My ideal breakfast is: scrambled eggs, slightly wet, sausage, biscuit with a bit of gravy, bacon, and coffee.

37) If you visit my hometown, I suggest you go to: the zoo, and yes, the library too.

28) Why doesn't everyone: see things my way? ;)

29) If you spend the night at my house: you'll have to share the bed with me.

30) I’d stop my wedding: a million times even before it starts

31) The world could do without: mosquitoes

32) My favorite blonde is: stephanie hughes

33) If I do anything well, it’s: making that pop sound with the finger in the cheek.

44) And by the way: I am R2D2.

45) The last time I was drunk, I: N.A.

2 comments:

colinrt said...

sorry, mis_nomer... gotta tompang hor, it sounded too fun to pass up...

1) My uncle once: cooked only tauyew-bak every single day, through my primary school years in the afternoon session.

2) Never in my life: will I climb a mountain – fear of heights...

3) When I was five: days were much longer and there was time to do nothing...

4) High school was: trying socially, especially with girls... afterall, I was from an all-boys school...

5) Fire is: a great slave but a poor master?

6) I once saw: a complete rainbow that stretched from one end of the horizon to another...

7) There’s this woman I know who: had 18 cats and loved every one of them...

8) Once, at a bar: I played chuadaidee with the owner...

9) By noon I’m usually: hungry... when’s lunch??

10) Last night: I built a new Magic deck for an upcoming tournament...

11) If I only had: more money than I could spend, more time than I needed, more friends than I could find time for right now... and more love to make it go around...

12) Next time I go to church: I must remember to be thankful for all my blessings...

13) The best thing about my last relationship was: being inspired to turn vegetarian for six months...

14) What worries me most: is nothing much really – I have come to realise that it’s pointless to worry...

15) When I turn my head left: there’s a row of pubs and eateries...

16) When I turn my head right: there’s a carpark...

17) You know I'm lying when: my heart beats harder...

18) What I miss most about the eighties: the music, the time in missionary school, and uni...

19) If I were a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be: Othello??

20) By this time next year: things will be even better than before...

21) I have a hard time understanding: chinese...

22) You know I like you if: I try overly hard to impress you...

23) If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: my fudder and mudder...

24) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: would never win Survivor...

25) Take my advice, never: lend money unless you’re prepared to give it away...

26) My ideal breakfast is: roti pratha at Jalan Kayu at 6.30 in the morning when the breeze is still cool...

37) If you visit my hometown, I suggest you go to: the Night Safari, Little India, and Chinatown...

28) Why doesn't everyone: get along?!

29) If you spend the night at my house: bring a deck of Magic cards along...

30) I’d stop my wedding: if I could elope instead...

31) The world could do without: politicians, lawyers, and soldiers...

32) My favorite blonde is: now a brunette...

33) If I do anything well, it’s: because I’m a perfectionist...

44) And by the way: I am funnier in person...

45) The last time I was drunk, I: was still at uni...

mis_nomer said...

haha! Your uncle cooked tauyew-bak everyday?? No wonder you were inspired to become a vegetarian for 6 months later in life! ;)

thanks for sharing.. enjoyed reading your answers. Maybe I'll put it up in the main section of the blog. :)