Pencil Shavings

Thursday, June 30, 2005

My dream

For the past two nights, I've woken myself up by shouting "Ring!" in the middle of the night.

No I wasn't dreaming about a telephone, or a wedding ring, or the one ring that rules them all. I was dreaming about...

Ringworms.

I had these red bumps shaped in an incomplete circle all over my arms and my legs. I remember trying to get someone to cut my skin to let the worms out. I was squeezing my inner right knee for that person to cut my skin, and that was when I cried, "Ring!", and woke myself up.

It is a strange dream -- one that has popped out of nowhere. Usually I can trace my dreams to real life -- like if I stepped on a worm in the day, or if I've had rashes recently, or mosquito bites, etc., but this time, absolutely nothing. When I woke up, I kept touching the spot on my inner knee to see if there were any residual bumps there. I was very relieved to feel smooth and cool skin.

I looked up a dream dictionary and it says this about dreaming about ringworms:

Interpretation:
Allowing others to get under your skin, allowing them to eat away at you
Running rings around yourself
Going round and round in circles, not making progress
Feeling inadequate or unclean

Hmmm. Very interesting...

No comments: