Pencil Shavings

Thursday, June 02, 2005

This is my Tuesday

Met my heartlander friends for dinner at the new Glutton's Bay at the Esplanade on Tuesday after work. The ambience was great and the food wasn't too bad. The Hokkien Mee/ Char Kway Tiao store was very popular -- that's the store where they serve their noodles in brown banana leaves. Their Hokkien Mee was vastly superior to their Char Kway Tiao though. The Char Kway Tiao was worse than average; the Hokkien Mee was better.

We also had black Carrot Cake, barbeque Stingray, and baby Kailan -- standard hawker fare when eating in groups of four or more in Singapore. Carrot Cake was average; Stingray was good and the baby Kailan excellent. The steamed rice was strangely very appetising as well.

After dinner, we trouped over to a friend's place to watch the Thai horror film, Shutter. It was my first horror movie in eons and I was scared even before I started watching. Good thing my friend's TV was very small (14 inch) and I watched it with five other people in the room.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed the film. It hasn't haunted me as much as other flicks I've watched. I really think the small screen helped! :)

Watching horror films is like taking a hour and half long roller coaster ride.

No comments: