Pencil Shavings

Friday, December 16, 2005

Elliptical Machine

I tried one of these Elliptical machines at the gym yesterday. They are called Elliptical machines because your foot moves with the pedal in an elliptical motion, with reduced impact on the knees and other joints as compared to the regular threadmill. While this means that it is better on your knees, it also means that you burn less calories per hour because it is low-impact.

I did a 20 minute workout on resistance 9 at varying gradients. Although most people find a regular threadmill harder than the elliptical, I was quite done in by this machine.

3 comments:

thc said...

Twenty minutes on one of these and I'm sweatin' like a pig. I'd much rather run, even on a treadmill.

Mostly Another Gaudy Grouch In Exile said...

same here. give me the treadmill...anytime!

mis_nomer said...

It makes me sweat like a pig too! I wonder why...