Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Singtel Internet SMS sucks!

Singtel has apparently outsourced their internet SMS services and there is only one word for it: it sucks!


The log-on screen looks crappy. What's up with the multi-coloured background and the low-res picture of the fella playing golf? It gives an "unable to connect" screen when I try to register for a password. And when I finally get my password and try to login, nothing happens.

I'm still waiting..

... (five minutes later)

... (ten minutes later)

Quite unbelievable that they have turned a simple one-step process into a multi-pop-up window nightmare. I understand that this is a free service provided by Singtel and users don't have the right to complain but these are the little professional touches that sets Singtel apart from its competitors! Easy, efficient internet SMSing was the one reason I would have chosen you over M1.

Hope you know what you are doing.

6 comments:

colinrt said...

the old one still works tho... ;-)

http://home.singtel.com/consumer/msg_center/internet_sms.asp?

mis_nomer said...

Ah I see they have put the old site back up. :) Good for them. Theoretically it should be a good idea to be able to "reply" internet SMSes. Theoretically. Hope they keep offering the old method anyway. Will try it again when the furor dies down.

Anonymous said...

The old site doesn't work anymore. Rawr.

colinrt said...

w: think u can't access it via the SingTel portal, but if u use the direct link i put up in my initial comment, the page is still there...

i just had a go this morning to test it and it still vibrates my handphone like it usually does...

;-)

Anonymous said...

It's kind of inconsistent - my browser has the direct link set to its start page, and somedays it gets directed there, some days I get sent to the third party page. -shrug

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I am trying to find the Singtel site for the internet sms where you could receive replies. Can't find it anywhere. Any idea if it's been taken off? If not does anyone have the address?

Anyway, I agree with the original post - the login is a pain, StarHub does a much better job. Hopefully SingTel will improve, as the service is quite useful.