Pencil Shavings

Thursday, January 26, 2006

What are blogs for?

For memes of course! :)

Tagged by titania

4 jobs you've had in your life
Kindergarten teacher
Toilet cleaner
Gardener
Powerpointer

Movies you could watch over and over
Erm, I usually watch movies only once.

4 TV shows you love(d) to watch
Scooby Dooby Doo!
Charmed

4 places you've lived
Somewhere in the States
Somewhere in Singapore
In someone's house somewhere

4 places you’ve been on vacation
Kota Kinabalu!
East Coast, Australia
Tioman
Malacca

4 places you would rather be
Quite happy here right now actually, though given a choice, I would like to be able to have all my favourite things and favourite people in one place that is both small enough to be accessible, and large enough not to be claustrophobic.

4 of your favourite foods
Wan ton mee
Steak, medium
Pepperoni and cheese pizza
French peas casserole
Chicken rice
Soup, all kinds, except probably watercress
Chips and cheese dip, with salsa
Mantou and Chilli Crab
Curry puff
Chicken fried chicken with mash potatoes
Baked potato with sour cream and chives
Sausage, biscuit and gravy
Hot plate tofu
(dang I'm hungry now)

4 websites you visit daily
Protopage
Blogger
Flickr
Yahoo

6 comments:

colinrt said...

lol... apparently, four is an arbitrary concept to you... sometimes it's one, and in the case of food, four means gazillion... :-D

but seriously... haven't there been movies you could watch over and over again?

in my angsty teen years for example, there were The Breakfast Club, Some Kind of Wonderful, Pretty in Pink, and St Elmo's Fire... admittedly quite a few of them were due to me being smitten by the leading ladies... namely, Mary Stuart Masterson, Ally Sheedy and Molly Ringwald... *swoon*

Jim Jannotti said...

I too watch movies but one time, though there are a handful that I have watched over and over again, and one or two that I've actually gone to see more than once in the theatre! *Shock*

They are...
Contact
Lord of the Rings Return of the King
Field of Dreams
2001: A Space Odyssey

... and maybe one or two others that I can't think of right now.

What are Mantou and Chilli Crab and Wan ton mee?

mis_nomer said...

TOT - Hey, I started out pretty good yah? :) I don't think I know any of the movies you mentioned. Gosh, I must have been so suaku then.

Jim - True, I did go watch LOTR: Return of the King twice in the theatres, and at least once at home. I suppose I could watch Finding Nemo over and over again too. It's funny. :)

This is chilli crab. It is crab cooked in a spicy sauce. Mantou is a type of asian bun that is either deep-fried or steamed. You dip the mantou in the sauce of the chilli crab - heavenly. :)

Wan ton mee is noodles with barbeque pork and pork dumplings. It is the kind of dish you can eat everyday (unlike chilli crab).

(Lucky for me I had a large breakfast before writing this reply.) :)

Jim Jannotti said...

The wan ton mee looks yummy, as does the chilli crab. I can imagine those mantou tasting mighty fine with the chili sauce.

Why couldn't you eat chili crab every day? What, pray tell, would be wrong with that?

colinrt said...

re: suaku, don't think that's the case, more of being born in another era... i'm a dinosaur, y'know... those movies were released in the early eighties... i saw mary stuart masterson guest starring on last night's Law & Order: SVU (as the psychiatrist) and the years have taken their toll, sadly... :-(
but she's still a fine, fine actress...
http://www.mary-stuart-masterson.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000524/


re: chili crab every day... heh heh... what a capital idea!!

however, chilli crab on a daily basis would be nice, except that:

1) your cholesterol level would spike so high and leave you with a stroke or worse, and...

2) you'd be very broke... cos it ain't cheap...

and yes, wan ton noodles everyday... definitely... *yums*

mis_nomer said...

Train of Thot hit it right on the head regarding chilli crab. I probably eat it three times a year..

Mary Stuart Materson still looks good. :)