Pencil Shavings

Monday, May 07, 2007

Frustration

I'm having a remarkably frustrating day. I don't know if it is
because it is because it is so hot and humid today that it is making
everyone irritable, or whether it is just a series of unfortunate
events. In any case, I'm very peeved.

After a frustrating day of pitting my will against the students', I
had one boy walk out of my class in defiance five minutes before the
bell rang. So I had to hunt him down after the lesson and give him a
talking-to. It probably ruined my day more than it ruined his, the
irony of it all.

My mum also has gotten ideas in her head. She doesn't usually do
this but I think it must be the flurry of weddings this year that
made her comment about this random guy and to ask my dad to introduce
him to me. Damn it. I'm frustrated that my family worries about me
when there is nothing to worry about — I do have a life plan — I just
cannot tell you because you wouldn't understand it.

And then, because somebody gave my dad this old HP OfficeJet 4100 All-
In-One printer, I felt obliged to set it up for the parents, but
after 2 hours of installing, uninstalling and installing it again on
the PC, it still wouldn't work. I finally decide to install it on my
Mac and it took all of fifteen minutes, only for me to find out that
the scanner is faulty. Damn these old printers. What a waste of time.

I also encountered an error when I tried to claim some money online.

And I spent a lot of the day hungry.

I need to move out soon.

4 comments:

Gwynne said...

The good news it is all only temporary, but I feel for you nonetheless. :-)

Anonymous said...

Amen. Some days I'm glad to call it a day and go to bed, and start again tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

That's lousy. The printer, the Bridget Jones-like scenario and most of all, the student walking out. Cos one of mine did that too, this Sunday, and I almost wanted to run after him and smack him on the face. Really hard. Damn secondary 2 boys. They are all (fill in the blanks)...
Btw, do you work in a governement school?

smudgi3 said...

Ah yes, the moving-out syndrome. I had that once. Still am. *hugs