Pencil Shavings

Monday, May 28, 2007

Peace for the soul

Yellow boat at Lower PierceI love running with Smole. We went for a run to Lower Pierce this last weekend and it was wonderful. The rhythm of placing one foot after another, the comradeship of running beside a friend, the sunset and the still water at the end of the road (see pic on left)... altogether rejuvenating.

I have been really stressed this last week. When I am stressed, simple decisions paralyse me and I get grumpy. Smole got the brunt of my irritable self, the poor thing. But as I ran into Lower Pierce Reservoir and came face to face with the sun setting into the still reservoir water, I felt the stress melt away. Suddenly I felt as if I could cope with all the various expectations held of me, and that the big hairy stressball that was clogging up my heart could easily be plucked out and disentangled.

I'm falling in love all over again.

5 comments:

smudgi3 said...

Thank you for finding love in the simplest, most original, and most overlooked of things: God's gift of Nature.

That Janie Girl said...

Sounds refreshing!

Gwynne said...

the big hairy stressball that was clogging up my heart could easily be plucked out and disentangled

What craftsmanship! That visual will serve me well next time I get clogged up. I'll know it's time to run. ;-)

kops21 said...

u are welcome to join me for a run, if you need to deal with the stressball. :P

Sound like fun(running) isn't it....

Anonymous said...

I was there a few weeks ago. =) I agree, the sunset, I wanna cry by the sight of it.