Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Things I learnt this week

1. How to include invisible technorati tags.
It is actually exceedingly simple. All you have to do is to leave out the link name in the tag. See directions here. I would have typed it all out myself except that I don't know how to post code in blogger (see number 3).

2. That NKF was the number one search at technorati.
Unbelievable isn't it? That a nation of 4 million can generate so many search enquiries? See screen shot here. Singaporeans must use a lot of technorati.

3. That I don't know how to input source code in blogger.
If I can't use the plaintext tag, what can I use? The pre tag doesn't work either so I've given up.

5 comments:

colinrt said...

woman, it's easy as pie... just type it directly into the edit space using the same format as regular html tags... ie. those with the angle brackets and the codes in between... these should behave exactly as if they were in an html file...

you can put the tag directly into each blog post, which can be a pain, (although there's an option for automating it for each blog post: go to your settings tab, all the way to the bottom is the post template... you can specify what text appears in each post... just key in the "blank" tag)

or you can put it somewhere in the blog template itself... which does roughly the same thing as the post template... except that its on the outside of your post input...

did that make any sense at all? if not email me... just follow my profile to the foxes blog...

Daryl said...

Do you mean you don't know how to input code directly into Blogger, or you don't know how to make code display? I think the code tag works in the latter case.

mis_nomer said...

Actually I tried the code tag but it didn't work either.

Improbulus said...

Thanks for the mention and the link about invisible tags, glad it was of help.

As for posting code in Blogger to get it to display, check out this post and especially the great conversion tool Centricle.

mis_nomer said...

Hey thanks Improbulus! Centricle is neat.