Pencil Shavings

Friday, June 02, 2006

The darling of her eye

The darling of sister's eye is a large and gentle golden retriever who
is terribly obsessed about tennis balls. We brought her on a 6.2km
run yesterday and all through the run, she was either fighting with us
for the pavement and nosing in between us, or running ahead of us and
looking back, as if saying, "Slow coach! Hurry up!" She managed to
pick up two stray tennis balls too.

Quite the sweetheart really. She is lying at my feet and dreaming of
tennis balls even as I am rushing some work for the office at
midnight. Would I give up my comfy and cool leather couch to sleep at
the feet of someone working late into the night? I doubt so, but I
don't have the heart of a loyal and trusting dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goldies are such darlings... :)

colinrt said...

we demand proof of her sweetheartedness... quick, a picture is worth a thousand words... where's the photo?

mis_nomer said...

Soon, soon! As soon as I start blogging regular rather than email blogging. :)