Pencil Shavings

Friday, June 02, 2006

The two of them

The two of them were walking a dog, coming towards us in white dri-fit
shirts and shorts. The dog was white and grey and had pale blue eyes,
her hair newly shorn.

"So who's faster?" one says, even before I told her my name.

I noticed that we were all wearing Asics running shoes with duomax for
overpronators. One of them noticed that both of us had dri-fit hats
on.

"What lovely eyes," I said, in parting.

"Why, thank you!" one says, before smiling and winking, "Oh, the dog you mean?"

3 comments:

colinrt said...

now, now.... you have to stop flirting shamelessly like that... in some parts of the world, "eyes" refer to other parts of the female anatomy... and hence, you innocent remark may be misconstrued as a come on... ahem... ;-)

Jim Jannotti said...

So are you in the US right now? Or some other place? Or did you just come for lunch that one day?

mis_nomer said...

Tot - no kid! Hmm.

Jim - I've had some good lunches while I've been here, I've got to admit...