Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

How to reduce PDF size

I've always been baffled with this one. Usually I use the "Reduce
File Size" under "File" in Adobe Acrobat, but it is woefully
inadequate. A 3MB file is reduced to a bulky 2.5MB, even with the
most cut-throat criteria.

But the solution has all the while been under my nose: Photoshop.

1. Open the PDF in photoshop.
2. Save as "PDF" format.
3. Choose a low quality setting.

What would I do without my trusty Photoshop?

(What do Mac users use to edit photos, btw? Is it good?)

3 comments:

mis_nomer said...

Was it really a Mac programme before it was a Mac/ Windows programme? Well, waddaya know!

Anonymous said...

yes, but what if your pdf file is 25 pages or more? Photoshop won't open multiple pages.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - Photoshop can open multiple PDF pages; you just have to manually pick which one twenty-five times... :P