Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Blogging Phenomenon - Part I

On Running
I found an amazing individual online recently. Her name is Carine, she is 22 years old, and she ran the Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon in 4hrs and 11mins!! That is 42km at an average of 10.1km/hr! Crud, I can't even do that speed for 5km. I'm completely bowled over. I'm too ashamed to leave a comment on her site, and reading her blog makes me want to secretly go and increase all my mileage on my running log.

Another blog of note is The Lonely Runner. He is a Malay Singaporean who writes an interesting account of punctured tires and upcoming running events in Singapore, all accompanied by appropriate photos. His blog was the one I gleaned the information on the ultra-marathon from, and the one which made me think that streetdiretory.com had more powers than I knew. The only problem with it right now is that I am currently banned from leaving comments. What did I do to him? ;)

No comments: