Pencil Shavings

Friday, March 04, 2005

tagging along

I have a fancy mancy dinner tonight at the Singapore Cricket Club at the Padang, in front of the Supreme Court. It is a dinner to thank my boss for his work these past four years, and I'm tagging along. I'll be youngest person there; I'll be the least experienced, the least useful, the least significant cretin. I think I'll be happier if they let me eat in the kitchen instead. From what I hear, the menu consists of chicken and soup. I'll try not to get anything on my outfit, which is the exact same ugly and old thing I interviewed in three and a half years ago, worn today due to a lack of new clothes and a laundry crisis. I'm also somewhat sweaty from having tagged along another work event this morning. I wonder why they don't fire me.

No comments: