Pencil Shavings

Sunday, April 22, 2007

About my mac



My friends got me a moshi PalmGuard for my birthday. I'm very pleased. Recently I noticed grimy black marks on the trackpad and where my right wrist rests on my Macbook. Since then, I've been anal about using the mouse as much as I can and cleaning it with alcohol.

Though to be precise, I use a facial toner, which is probably not a good idea. While I was lovingly swabbing away the dirt, I realised to my amusement that I've never used that bottle of toner on my face. Some girls' priorities are just all wacked up.

For some reason, when I turned on the MacBook again after sticking on the PalmGuard, my iSight camera turned on automatically. A restart didn't help, so I shut it down again and took out the battery. That was the first time I've taken out the battery and it made me fall in love all over again with my MacBook. It is the way it fits. Taking out the battery and restarting solved my iSight issue.

My love affair with my Macbook has its ups and downs though. My MacBook has had shut itself down on me, that is, the equivalent of the Windows fatal blue screen of death, at least ten times in the last two months or so. People say that Macs hardly ever crash like that. Apparently they weren't using mine. I wonder what is the Mac equivalent of a reformat? I wonder if it is because I push mine too hard?

In any case, I'm fairly happy. Region settings for DVDs still makes my blood boil and I'm this close to buying an external DVD drive.

Okay, going to try out that toner on my face now that my MacBook is erm, protected.

No comments: