Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hit the ground running

18 April 2007. 6am. The alarm rings. I hit the ground running.
Wake, wash, coffee, dress, and I am out of the door, ten minutes late.
Where did the ten minutes go? Eaten by the monster that swallows
time, I suspect.

Bus crawls into the bus-stop. Why is the bus travelling so slowly?
Is there an old man waiting to disembark and the us driver is being
gentle? No. No old man. Just a slow bus driver who's probably ahead
of his schedule, while I am behind in mine.

Brain wanders. I remember something and I plead with God, to the
point of insolence. Maybe he has changed his mind.

In school. Student smiles at me; I smile back. I wish I could find a
voice to interact with them that is both kind but not too familiar. I
haven't found it.

Five minutes to the bell. I write this. And my day begins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

deus ex machina....