Pencil Shavings

Monday, April 30, 2007

Dead faces in the water, etc.

I had a bad dream.  Not one of those "sleep-too-much-and you-dream-too-much" type of bad dream, but a bona fide nightmare.  It wasn't an emotional nightmare where you dreamed that someone you loved has died and you wake up weeping — those are worse — but this was the real thing: haunted hotel, room 71, taking a taxi to the haunted house, your friend swimming in a pool filled with dead faces and telling her in as calm as a tone you can muster to get out of the water, big live gargoyle-like thing that guards the door of the room, getting an SMS from your boss to go to camp to do duty, forgetting about the SMS and not showing up, planning a lesson where the culmination of a subject-verb agreement lesson was a half-marathon and you realising much too late that "Hey!  They CAN'T run a half-marathon! So now what am I supposed to do?", and then missing the lesson anyway because you lost track of time in that haunted house.  

I think it is MONDAY.

6 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Good grief, girl, what did you eat for supper?

Seriously, when I have a dream I can't figure out, I write it down, and keep looking.

Anonymous said...

I had a nightmare as well this early moenng. It was all about witches and curses. And I was the lucky one to get cursed. It was pretty damn scary cos I woke up thinking I was cursed.

mis_nomer said...

I had as mild a supper as I could have had: porridge with vegetables and soy sauce chicken. And I had it early too...

Witches and curses! It must be something about Sunday-night dreamin' I say!

smudgi3 said...

If I hadn't known better I would have thought you were reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince before bed. *blink

Anonymous said...

You know what's scary? That you actually know what I'm reading! Does Harry Potter have a dead faces in water scene? I think it is reminiscent of the scene in Lord of the Rings actually.

smudgi3 said...

There is a scene in Half-Blood Prince where Harry had to cross a river of Inferi, or the living dead.