Pencil Shavings

Friday, April 06, 2007

Of awards and memes

Gwynne of The Shallow End has given me an award. Can you believe it? She says: *cough cough* "Mis Nomer's pensive, solitary moments are some of her best... She cuts to the very core of what it means to be human."

Whoa.. that's pretty high praise for the distracted ramblings on this page.

Then again, the post is titled "April's Fool", so who's to know what she really means? ;) In any case, her words are way too kind. Thank you...

In other news, here is a long-neglected meme. Got tagged eons ago by smudgi3 but didn't get a chance to do it till now. The wave has come and gone, but here it is anyway.

SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME (you've always wanted to know that eh?)

ONE: I think I'm perfectly normal
Really, I do.

TWO: I rub my nose the first thing I wake up in the mornings
NOT a good habit. I also do it when I'm stressed.

THREE: I cannot sit down with a pen and not twirl it.
Habit from Secondary school days.

FOUR: I can't spell very well
Not that weird actually, but considering that I have an English degree, it is kinda weird. All I can say: thank God for word processors.

FIVE: I have both the Simian crease and an unusually large gap between my first and second toe, both common features of Down's Syndrome.
Flip flops fall off my feet. 'nuff said.

SIX: I don't respond when you call me by the Christian name on my Identity Card.
Because I don't recognise it. On the other hand, if you were to yell out, "Misnomer!" I just may respond. ;)

4 comments:

colinrt said...

lol...

wierd meh? where got?

1. everyone thinks that they're normal... esp the crazies...

2. aw, i find that kinda endearing...

3. there're people i know who can't stop shaking their legs... that's just annoying!?

4. lol... kids these days can't spell. period. thanks to sms...

5. i have a crease between my brows after years of frowning and a gap between my teeth...

6. i absolutely will not respond to my chinese name on my IC as a form of protest... you should see the situations i get up to at the hospital or the doctor's...

so, bottomline: you're really not all that wierd... it's called being you... Happy Easter!!

Gwynne said...

Heh. Don't let it go to your head, but your distracted ramblings are always full of brainfood. ;-)

I twirl my pen also, or snap the lid on and off continuously. It annoys me when others do it, but I can't seem to stop myself. 8-}

Renohtaram said...

interesting :)

Canopy said...

Haha, the April Fool's thing is funny.

I respond to "Canopy" too.