Pencil Shavings

Friday, April 06, 2007

My dream

I dreamt of a snowy white owl.

It was spring-time in the US. The air was crisp and I was lost in the city. As I walked down the pavement, I saw a flock of large brown owls flying about, birds of the city. Then I saw him: small, white, with piercing blue eyes. It was a predator with eyes larger than its stomach.

I saw him creep up under a large brown owl, and as quick as lightning, it bit the large owl's talon. But the small white owl was not big enough nor strong enough...

And then I felt him, his warm body and the life ebbing away. I felt his snowy white feathers soft as pillow in my hands. The fierce blue eyes staring into space...

And then I kept on walking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like harry potter. the little white owl i mean. i guess now we know who dies in the last book!