Pencil Shavings

Sunday, April 08, 2007

My calendar is v. colourful



By the way, I really like iCal, especially the way it syncs with my Sony Ericsson mobile phone. Having the laptop and phone synchronized means that I can have my appointments and to-do items on the go, and that I can be reminded with an alarm even if my MacBook is sleeping. Sweet.

It is Easter today. I was feeling a bit down this morning (hence that morose post which I have since deleted) but being in church and singing the old songs of faith made it better. Being brought out for a lovely treat of a lunch by Smole also did wonders for my mood.

My church does this Easter response where the pastor says, "He is risen," and the people say. "He is risen indeed!" and we do this three times, each time louder than before. On the third time, I heard the shout echo from the other parts of the sanctuary, the tent outside the building, and the hall... It made me shiver.

The words that really got to me this morning and made me tear was a sentence in the unison prayer:

Praise and glory to You, the God of life who is stronger than all kinds of death!

All kinds of death...

CHRIST IS RISEN!

____Christ is risen indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Mis.Nomer!!! :-)

Brenda (in Arizona)