Pencil Shavings

Monday, August 22, 2005

Aftermath


Weekend getaways wreck havoc on running goals. Worse, they sap me of all desire to run, and all I want to do is to curl up with a good book or movie and snack on junk food all day and long into the night.

Total mileage this past week was 5km. 5km!! That is like a 75% reduction from the previous three weeks! I swear I have a new belly already.

On the plus side, the less I run, the more I read. I've gone through two or three books this week while lying on my new belly. On the minus side, in addition to the already-stated belly, my level of statisfaction with life now is at an all-time low, approximately the level it was when I was in Junior College, and that is low.

So really, the moral of this post is, pigs can't fly, but this one's sure gonna run tonight.

Category: (Not) Running

2 comments:

colinrt said...

so how was your run last night? was it belly good?

think weekend getaways are necessary for recharging the body and soul... don't be too hard on yourself...

mis_nomer said...

Hee hee. It was belly slow, belly tiring and belly itchy. But better than nothing!