Pencil Shavings

Friday, August 05, 2005

Solo entertainment

Last night, instead of running, I da-baoed dinner, rented a movie, ate with the parents, and then buckled down in front of my computer with its five-speaker awesomeness to stare at the eye-candy on the screen. Ocean's Eleven is just full of beautiful people and well-crafted characters! Plus, it has an elaborate heist. I couldn't resist watching most of the special features on the DVD, which meant that I only got into bed at 2am.

I always thought the neighbourhood rental shop only rented Chinese serial dramas. I guess I was wrong. Though the shop auntie didn't hestitate to try to convert me. We had this hilarious conversation (in Chinese):

Me: So I return it on Saturday?
VCD Auntie: Yes. Do you watch Chinese serial drama?
Me: Er no, it takes a long time.
VCD Auntie: No lah, one, two weeks can finish already.
Me: Oh.
VCD Auntie: You should watch. This (waving at my English Hollywood flick) only a little bit exciting, cannot compare to Chinese serial drama.
Me: Er ok. I will consider next time.


Hee hee. If Hollywood flicks are the high jump in the Olympics, Chinese serial dramas are the ultra marathons in the desert.

(In other news, because of work, I haven't run since Monday. Am contemplating a jog at 12 noon today, but I vaguely remember that being a mad sort of thing to do.)

(Oh, and Tom Cruise Brad Pitt in eating in every scene in this movie. Seriously. How does he look so cute chomping down on nachos?)


1 comment:

mis_nomer said...

er whoops, all these cute looking men get muddled in my head. :)