Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I feel like..

..a hard-boiled egg sandwich.

You know how you have all these left-over red-dyed hard-boiled eggs the day after Easter? My family always has a bunch because my parents are usually in charge of the dying of the the eggs. Or at least they used to dye the eggs red in large boiling pots of water all through the night before Easter until someone said that the red dye was bad for health, after which they resorted to wrapping the egg in cellophane and ribbon. Personally I prefer them dyed red and given out in transparent plastic bags held up by orange string. In any case, if you have a bunch of left-over hard-boiled eggs and you don't know what to do with them, make filling for hard-boiled egg sandwiches!

Peel hard-boiled eggs
Smash hard-boiled eggs
Add mayo until right consistency and taste
Spread on bread

And there you have it! :) Except I don't really have it. Sulk.

4 comments:

colinrt said...

u may wanna add the following:

1. diced onions (the large western kind)

2. diced celery

3. diced green apples

4. a dollop of "real" butter

5. and don't forget the black pepper...

these give the egg mix a little more "crunch"...

mis_nomer said...

Lucky for me, the craving has passed. :)

Mostly Another Gaudy Grouch In Exile said...

mis_nomer: egg mayo sandwich, my fav too! I do mine the same way with a dash of pepper. TOT's recipe is too much hassle.

mis_nomer said...

Had an egg mayo sandwich for a lunch meeting on Thursday and it tasted... ordinary. Sigh...