Pencil Shavings

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings

You know, it really is kinda very sweet to have online friends who sympathise with you when things are just crummy. Thank you.

I'm feeling a lot better. Last night, I dreamt of a jolly fat lady who gave out gifts to everyone she met. She was giving out baseball-styled t-shirts that fit everyone perfectly. She gave me a pair of jeans with pockets full of spare change, lovely trinkets, and useful stuff. I was very happy.

In fact everyone was very happy to see her because she would smile, look at you, and give you a gift that was just right. When she showed up, we forgot that my mother had tongue cancer -- yes, I dreamt that too; it made me wake up early and drag my parents to chinatown for breakfast together -- and all the other irritating things we did to antagonise one another.

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange but happy dream. Happy dreams are great. I never seem to remember mine though...

ps. the server that's hosting my blog had a meltdown so I have a new addy. The old one is still there although it looks all buggered up and the updates don't appear there anymore since the login thingy doesn't work anymore. Sucks. This is one reason I should look at keeping some kind of backup copy of my stuff. Some of the entires aren't there anymore.

mis_nomer said...

Oh dear. I was wondering why your blog looked so strange. I thought you were in the middle of changing your layout.

Hmm.. I must figure out how to do a backup too! I hope they were restore your posts once everything gets back to normal..