Pencil Shavings

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A very good prata at tekka market

I'm stuffed with prata and teh tarik and I'm absolutely brimming with the pleasure of discovering a VERY GOOD prata stall at tekka market.

I used to patronise a stall facing the Chinese side of the market because it was the most convenient, but after they served me a really lousy and chewy kosong (plain) prata, I decided enough was enough, and ventured to find a different stall the next time. And this is what I found:

Muhd Ani Rafi
#01-301
(My camera battery is kapooted so I won't be posting pictures for a while.)

Nestled behind the row facing the Chinese side of the market is a narrow corridor of Malay food and nestled in the middle of that, is this store that sells heavenly prata. The 60 cents kosong is crisp, soft and hot. The $1 egg prata is tasty, light yet substantial. $1 is a rockin' good price! I even had a piece of potato in my curry.

The prata man chopped up my prata for me, handed it to the server, looked at me and said, "Bagus" (`good') with his thumb stuck out and the widest grin plastered on his face. And, you know what, it was lagi bagus! (very good)

I'm hooked.

Technorati tag:

No comments: