Pencil Shavings

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Running gear, limited edition

I dragged myself out of bed at 6am to meet up with the sgrunners to collect my limited edition sgrunners.com gear. Cool or not? :)

Running Gear

I like! The shorts look a bit short, but I probably could get used to it. It's high quality stuff! Well done, TLR. :)

It was a bit strange meeting virtual folks for the first time. Didn't know to go with my real name or my moniker, so I went with my real name (since I thought it more sincere), only to get blank looks, until I said my moniker, then I got mostly blank looks and possibly one flash of recognition.

It's strange hearing them referring to one another by their monikers: reno, meteor, dorimon, TLR... TLR even labelled my running gear "mis_nomer"! Kinda cute I thought, so here's a picture.

Running Gear

It is strange how a name chosen in a particularly misanthropic and ironic state of mind grows on you.

11 comments:

Renohtaram said...

:) it was good to meet u in person...even if it was a super brief meeting :D

mis_nomer said...

Same here reno. :) It sounds like a great run you guys had! :)

mis_nomer said...

Ah, so that's why you don't say anything on your blog. ;)

kops21 said...

Nice meeting you at SMU track. Do join us for runs :)

mis_nomer said...

Hi there! Thanks for coming by. Sorry I couldn't join you guys that morning. If I'm brave enough, I'll come join you guys soon. :) All the best for your training for Mt Kinnabalu! I did it without training (and couldn't walk for two weeks) so I think you'll be fine.

kops21 said...

You did Mt Kinabalu ciimb before? How did you do?

I remember after 1st training climb there(to Laba Rata) the legs are stiff after a night sleep, 2nd day after training climb(hit summit), everybody is walking backward after reaching the motel. Ouch !! It took me a few days to start running agan... Definitely worst than 42k....:(

Don't feel shy lah...join us for a run...:)

mis_nomer said...

kops, are you training for the race at Mt Kinnabalu???? That's insane. They post the record of the fastest male and female to run that race and the timing is phenomenal.

Seriously, I felt sick after the climb. The climb down was especially never-ending and horrible on the legs. Check out my pictures and post on the climb here.

kops21 said...

I be doing MT KK race in less then 2 weeks time. It is going to one hell of an adventure.

I went for a recee in July, below is the link:(i have no idea how to do a link here)

http://kops21.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_kops21_archive.html

mis_nomer said...

kops, you have my admiration. Please be careful. Do you have good non-slip shoes? It rained when I did it and it was so slippery that someone slipped and broke her leg.

kops21 said...

i have a trail running shoe from montrail that was given by the campers corner. It is not really suitable for me as i slip more compare to just a normal running shoe.

non-slip shoe, maybe the "bata" version used by the local folks. I heard it cost a few ringget only, but one drawback, there isnt any cushion...:(

oh dear, broke a leg....:(

mis_nomer said...

You slip more on your trail shoe? Hmm..

Yah, the person who broke her leg was a Japanese tourist. She had to be rescued by locals with a stretcher. Rather awful 'cos I can imagine it happening so easily. I slipped many many times on my way down.

Maybe bata version with thick cushioned socks? :) I think better ask some experienced trekkers! Let me know what you find out...